Our staff has been hard at work planning some truly excellent incentives, and our 2nd semester incentive will be a trip to Lagoon. For the 2017-2018 school year we will be going on Friday, May 17, 2019. To qualify, you must meet the following criteria:
- No D's or F's
- No unsatisfactory citizenship marks
- No more than 7 absences in a single class
- No more than 1 lunch detention (given at 4th tardy per class, and behavior upon a second or serious infraction)
- No administrative U (given for behavior outside the classroom, issues w/office, etc.)
We would appreciate it if you pay all library fees, lunch money or school fees as well.
The process this year has put a little more responsibility and ownership on the students. They have been checking grades, tardies, absences, and detentions in their Tribe Time throughout Quarter 3 and 4. They have been comparing their information against the requirements and have been deciding whether they qualify or not. They have had ample time to check with individual teachers on grades and improve in areas where it is needed. Thursday, May 9th will be the last qualification check in Tribe time and students will basically know that afternoon if they qualify or not. Official qualification letters will be sent home that afternoon with information about the activity. If an appeal needs to be made, please see the form below. We encourage students to make their own appeal in writing either through the following form or a letter written to the office.
Here are the deadlines you need to know:
- Monday 6th - All Work Due
- May 9th- Qualification Letter Sent Home
- May 14th Qualification Appeals Due In Writing Online or to the Office
- Lagoon Fee: $34 paid at the gate and students are in charge of their own lunch whether they bring it or buy it there.
The buses will leave the junior high promptly at 8:00 am, so students should be there with their bus pass by 7:45 am. Because of liability and limited space on the buses, we will only allow qualified students to ride – no friends, relatives, etc.
We are excited for your student to join us, and we hope rewarding students for their academic successes with fun activities like this is a tradition we can maintain for a long time to come. Please contact the office if you have any questions.