RE: Extra-curricular Event Plans in Stage 3
Preston School District Students, Parents, and Patrons,
As most are aware, on Monday, October 26th, Governor Little moved Idaho into Stage 3 in the coronavirus recovery plan. One part of that move requires that gatherings be limited to 50 people or less. This includes school activities like basketball games, music concerts, etc.. However, there was also an allowance for creating a local plan for these events that might allow more spectators, but the plan must be approved by the health department.
Recognizing that these events are an important part of, not just our school, but the community as well, we have created a plan that was submitted to, and approved by, the Southeastern Idaho Public Health department. This plan will allow for more spectators than 50, but still not as many as we normally have attend these events, up to 300 in our main high school gym and up to 120 in our school auditorium.
The plan calls for the following, in order to be able to have more than 50 spectators present:
- Social Distancing will occur in both the gym and auditorium seating. Two rows between each family group and three seats between family groups. (Some events will have ushered or assigned seating).
- Those who attend these events will be expected to wear a mask while in attendance.
- Tickets will be sold online or in the school office prior to arrival at the event. No tickets will be sold at the door. Online tickets are available at phs.psd201.org (if you need assistance please contact the high school office)
- Lines for concessions and restrooms will be spaced.
- Spectators will be asked not to congregate before or after the event in the building.
Cooperation of all involved will be critical in order for us to be able to keep the number of people attending our events above 50. School administrators and staff will be on hand to encourage spectators to keep to these expectations. If a spectator chooses not to follow the expectations listed they will be asked to leave the event.
KACH will broadcast varsity boys and girls basketball games. Their broadcast can be found at: https://mylocalradio.com/preston/ .
Families of participants will be given first priority for tickets to events.
We would ask all involved to work with us as we again attempt to make the best of a bad situation. It is not our desire to limit the number of people who can come to school events. Given the restrictions that have been put in place we are doing all we can to maximize the number of people that are allowed to participate.